Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Transition

It was few months ago when I went to a store (I don’t exactly remember where it was) and a young girl asked me:” How can I help you SIR?”  and I was like:” Sir?!?!??!” I thought she was one of those teenage girls getting a job after high school and for her of course I am a sir, but I’m hearing that a lot recently; the other day in grocery store the guy behind register told me:” did you find everything alright sir?”

It is kind of sad you know? I’m not buddy or dude anymore I am SIR,

And the exact same thing happened the other night when I was watching David Letterman’s Late Show and I thought to myself man this generation of celebrities and athletes these days are too young, some of them are even younger than me and again BUZZZZZZZ may be I am not as young as I think I am

I guess it is a part of anyone's life when you start seeing yourself as a grown member of the society and to be honest I’m not loving it   

No comments: